With over 100 ligaments, 19 muscles, 33 joints, and 26 bones, the foot is a complex body part that balances and bears your weight while moving you from place to place. Because of its important role and complex mechanics, pain in the feet hits about three-fourths of all people in the United States at some point during their lives.
The feet and ankles are subject to a wide range of ailments and injuries. Zakee O. Shabazz, DPM, is a Board Certified podiatric surgeon and an expert in the function and operation of the feet and ankles. A visit to Dr. Shabazz and the team at Fair Oaks Podiatry & Sports Medicine in Fairfax, Virginia, is the first step in assuring the best health for your feet and ankles.
Click on the categories below to read articles on foot disorders and conditions.
- Comprehensive Care of Foot and Ankle Disorders
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Diabetic Limb Salvage
- Fabrication of Functional Orthotics / Ankle-Foot Orthoses
- Fitting and Dispensing of Diabetic Shoes
- Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Treatment of Athletic Injuries
- Wound Care